1) My next talk for RCIA was supposed to be confession in two weeks. But it got moved up to next week. Next Tuesday. Yeah, I haven't started preparing yet. I'm thinking I should get on that.
2) I decided to try Quaker's Weight Control Oatmeal. I'm really trying to make more of my food and not get so much processed stuff, but this is just one of those weeks that I'm trying to survive. I need something quick, and unlike all the other instant oatmeal, this is not drowning in sugar. It's not bad. It's not as good as some of my other, less processed options, but it's not bad.
3) Weeks like this (just really busy) are the weeks that I also turn to frozen meals. Thankfully there are so many healthy ones out there now. Steamed meals and steamed vegetables in the microwave (at least I bought some steamed vegetables... They're better for you if you actually eat it). Working out has not been happening much either, but I left my car and walked to some of my errands. Sometimes it's okay just to try to survive. It doesn't mean that I have to cave to some of my previous bad habits.
4) On my walk, I called my brother and actually got to talk to him. I'm so proud of him right now. I can't remember if I said, but my older brother and I used to be pretty close, but we drifted apart as we moved away from home. I knew that he always went to Mass and at least didn't leave the Church, but it wasn't the most important thing to him for a while. His faith is the most important thing to him now. Some of the things that he said just really impressed me, and it's so awesome to see!
5) That being said, I would love some prayers for my brother's wife. They met and married at a time that they both had a background in faith but neither were living it strongly. Suddenly he has some different priorities that she doesn't fully understand, and they aren't moving quite as much in sync. You should have heard the ways that he is working on it, though. Like I said, I'm totally impressed. When I have some time, I'm going to have to write a little more.
6) So, here's the deal. I know that 99.9% of my fellow bloggers are well aware of Marc Barnes at Bad Catholic, but I know that there are a few IRL friends that haven't read him yet. He's on fire recently, and I thought that I would make very easy with some link ups of some of my favorites from his recent ones: How to Love Your Neighbor, In Defense of the Unmiraculous - Why Science Doesn't Disprove Religious Experience (really, really good!), The Terrible Weakness of Our God, Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus- The Smackdown (this one's for you, T.), and How Descartes Ruined Sex. Yeah, I know that's a lot of them, but what can I say? I cannot pick.
7) I have more I could write about, but I really would rather write longer posts about them, if I can find the time. Until then,
Have a great weekend, and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!