Friday, December 30, 2011

7 Quick Takes, with Prayer Buddy Reveal


1) Okay, my apologies!  It's taken me way too long to get to my Prayer Buddy reveal, but it has been busy.  I got the pleasure of praying for J. at Silliest Bunny Eats More Carrots. She was a new blogger to me, but it's always a pleasure to get to "know" more people.  J, I prayed for you with Morning and Evening prayer, and with every Mass I went to.  I also tried to offer up frustrations when I remembered. Many blessings to you and your beautiful family in the New Year!

2) I also wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you to A. at All in His Perfect Timing for praying for me this Advent. It is so humbling and wonderful to know that someone is praying for you each day, and I really needed it! While I'm at it, another thank you to Alison at Matching Moonheads for a sweet email that totally made my day!! And thanks to the wonderful bloggers who did so much to organize Prayer Buddies.  I love so much about it.  I love that it makes me take the focus off me and pray for someone else.  I love knowing that someone else has my back, and I love that I get to find a whole lot more fun blogs to read during reveals! I strongly encourage anyone that might be interested to take part in Lent.  I think the season of prayer is so much richer because of the focus on other members of the Body of Christ.

3) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  I know I did.  I have lots of good stuff to blog about if I can remember it all by the time I get a chance to write it all down.  The best part was definitely seeing family and friends, though one of my friends had this crazy idea that she should be out of town visiting her in-laws for the holidays.  I don't know what's up with someone deciding to leave when I'll be around!  ;)

4) I would just like to say that I have some friends with some very adorable kids.

5) When I got home from Christmas, I had no heat.  Sweet.  The pipes in the pink bathroom did freeze, but thankfully didn't burst. Those are the days that I love that I rent.  I went over and knocked on the landlords' door and they came over to take care of things.  They did have to call someone, but I don't know what was wrong, because I left.  I probably should've stayed, but there was nothing for me to do and it was cold. So I met up with a friend, and by the time I came back the problem was fixed and the air was warm.  The furniture, however, was still cold.  It was not fun to crawl into bed that night.

6) Being back in the Midwest for Christmas made me realize that my eating habits really have changed.  I probably ate more red meat in three days than I usually eat in a month (or two!).  In fact, I probably ate more meat in general than I usually do in a week or two.  That's odd to me, because I didn't notice how much meat was not the main focus of my meals until I went back to where meat is practically the essential for any meal.  I don't think it's because I don't eat meat (I do! I swear I do!).  I think it's because my meat is not front and center in a meal.  Although, I don't know that it's just a Midwestern thing.  It may also be my parents' generation.  My friend made a Thai pumpkin soup that was wonderful, and I would say that's the type of thing I like to eat more.  It had chicken in it, but it also had a lot of other great stuff as well.

I should make it clear, it's not that I didn't enjoy the food that we ate (it was the really good holiday stuff), but it was different, and my stomach wasn't too happy about it part of the time!

7) I was at the climbing gym yesterday.  I flexed my knee, feeling a new bruise or two, and I looked down to see chalk on my shirt and pants, and it made me happy.  I didn't get to challenge myself as much as I would have liked- because I gave myself a minor neck strain the other day, and I was trying not to hurt it worse- but it was still fun.  

Have a wonderful and safe New Year's!

Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great Christmas ~ and the heat problem was an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6-We're midwestern and we do meat with every meal. Although my husband's family farms cattle so we may be a little biased. :) My parents do too though and they had no cattle connection prior to Steven. Maybe it's a Kansan thing? :)

    4- Ditto! I feel like 90% of my comments on blog have been about how cute the person's kids are!


    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that they were able to fix your heat situation quickly. I hate, hate, hate cold apartments!

    I hope that your neck heals fully and that you are able to enjoy more climbing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a great Christmas and got to reconnect with most of your friends! I'm also SO glad you got your heat fixed and didn't have a burst pipe. Hooray! I'm so happy to pray for you ... and will continue to do so in the new year! :-)

    ReplyDelete