Friday, December 16, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday


--1--
I'm not sure if Blogger and I are in a fight, or if it's me and the computer.  I love the computer a lot so it's hard for me to blame it but I cannot get it to upload a video that I wanted it to, even after some advice from a lovely friend.  It will keep working on uploading for hours and never stop, or if I change formats, it rejects it outright.  Annoying!

--2--
We had another RCIA team meeting last week, and once again it was at 10 am Saturday.  Who does that?! That may be one of the all time worst times for a meeting!  I don't know, though, I don't want to try to find a worse time.  Anyway, I did make it, and I have my new topics that I will be teaching for the next few months, and I get some good meaty ones this time.  My next topic? The Mass!  I didn't even have to beg. :) I will say that I'm already almost as concerned about this one as I was about the names of Jesus, but for opposite reasons.  On that one, I wasn't sure what I would say.  On this one, I have no idea how to fit it all in to only 2 hours!

--3--
I have some pictures and stuff that I would love to post.  I don't suppose that this blog is quite as anonymous as I'd like to think that it is, but I can't be putting my face on it.  Which is to say, I see why some people go private...  Speaking of going private, know this: if you've gone private any time recently (especially when I was moving at the beginning of November) if I didn't email you to let you know I'd still love to follow, it's only because I never had a chance!

--4--
I am still giving away a wall calendar here. You can still leave a comment!  As soon as the calendar gets here, I will close the comments and pick a winner.  I promise to do my part to get the calendar to you by January 1, but I cannot make any promises that the USPS will be as accommodating.

--5--
As I was telling my sister, I like endorphins.  Endorphins make me happy.  (I think she rolled her eyes, but it's a little hard to tell via text.) It's been kind of a rough week, but when I went climbing, it was just good. I was climbing some harder stuff, some stuff that made me think.  I loved it.  I loved not thinking about anything but how to make this reach or where to place my foot so that I could get farther up the wall.

--6--
I have not done a very good job of making it to confession since I moved.  I used to make it about every month, but it's been every 3-5 months since I moved.  I tried to go today, but even though I was there during the normally scheduled hours, there was no one there.  I guess I need to keep trying; I'd really like to make it before Christmas.

--7--
Prayer buddy, I've been trying to offer up my crazy emotions this week, so I hope it's helping!


Have a great week and in case I don't get it posted later, have a blessed and Merry Christmas!
Go to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

4 comments:

  1. I can NEVER get videos to upload to Blogger properly, either! It's always the most frustrating experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use YouTube for uploading my videos and then insert the video (my youtube and google accounts are connected) just like I would insert a picutre - way less headache that way!

    Be sure to stop by my blog today...hopefully it will help put some good in your mix of emotions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2- I bet your presentation on the Mass is fantastic!
    5- And happy people don't kill their husbands! (Oh yeah...Legally Blonde)
    6- We encountered the same thing when we moved. We had been in such a schedule with when we went to confession and now it's all changed. Hope yours straightens out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be brilliant and informative on the Mass! I've read your posts, so I know it!!! :-)
    I've gotten lax with Confession lately too, but hope to change that in the new year. Everyone's Confession times are always different between churches ... drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete