Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope you've had a wonderful holiday!  I was so ready for the day off; I had a class over the weekend, so this is my first real day off since a week ago Sunday.  The day started a little too early, but other than that, it's been about all you could want in a Thanksgiving. The reason for the early start? My smoke detector decided to spaz out.  Not the annoying "I need a new battery" chirp, but the ear splitting shriek that there's something wrong.  Only I could not find a single thing wrong with anything.  The battery's back in and no more noise (and the house didn't burn down while I was gone), so hopefully it's an isolated incident.  In the spirit of the day, I'm thankful to know that it works well enough to wake you up and get you out of bed before you even know you're up.  I'm also thankful that there wasn't anything wrong.

After Mass, the rest of the day was spent with friends.  I rarely so much as eat at the table, so I was loving the place settings that she had.


I had a hard time deciding which I liked more, the simple centerpiece (loved the light off the cranberries, as well as the colors):


Or the fun turkeys:


Aren't they cute?  They are also known as peacocks, according to her two-year-old. Speaking of turkeys, the little turkey saw me with the camera and decided to start taking pictures of his own:


I wanted to get a picture of all the food, but I forgot.  It was so much fun to be able to plan all the dishes that we wanted to see for Thanksgiving, and luckily we all wanted the same traditional foods; turkey, stuffing, cranberry salad, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, homemade rolls and pumpkin pie.  Did you catch that there were only 4 of us? Yeah, we did not run out of food.

Well, that was me.  What were you up to for Thanksgiving?



3 comments:

  1. Yay for a great Thanksgiving! Those turkey napkins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decorations! So glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!!! So glad you had a great day ... after the smoke alarm got figured out. :-)

    ReplyDelete