Friday, October 7, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday



--- 1 ---

Thought I'd try the template today.  That was easy!
--- 2 ---

I don't know about where you are, but it's definitely chilly here today!  It was gorgeous earlier, but then the wind picked up, and now it's kind of cold.  I was supposed to help out with a conservation project this weekend, but THANKFULLY it got postponed.  Hiking in 4 miles to pick up trash in the cold was not sounding exactly fun.
--- 3 ---

I was driving down the street today and saw something that looked like a very large dog crossing the street a block or so down.  But then I realized that the shape and the movement were a little bit off for a dog.  Not a dog.  A bear.  A small one, but a bear nonetheless.  I have a theory that I'm safer hiking than walking in town.  The only two bears I've seen since I've been out here are in town.  I've never seen one while out hiking.
--- 4 ---

Has anyone that's on blogger tried the new interface yet? I started with it, but it tells me exactly how many page views I have, and I hate that.  I forget to think about it if left to myself, but once I can see how many people have viewed a page, I then obsess about it. I think about how to get more (which is NOT what I'm in blogging to do). Or I get upset because a post that meant a lot to me apparently doesn't mean that much to someone else.  Yeah.  I prefer ignorance.  It's my favorite.

--- 5 ---

Let's finish off with some pictures.
You can't see real well, but this is what I was up to this weekend. If you click on it, you can see it better.

--- 6 ---

The other thing I did this weekend was to join the huge gold rush that was going on.  No, no.  Not standing in a creek panning for anything.  I was looking for this:




--- 7 ---
And I found it!

This isn't the prettiest picture ever, but I thought is was interesting the way the sunlight and the aspens are streaming down the mountain together.


As much as I love the gold, I also love the reds that pop up here and there.


Happy Fall! For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


5 comments:

  1. 1. Agreed.

    3. Yikes!

    4. I tried it once a few weeks ago and there was something about it I didn't like. I can't even remember now :) I didn't know about the page view thing. I used to keep up with that stuff, but like you, I find I am much happier when I don't know.

    5. Oh my goodness that is INTENSE! Is that you?! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth- I took the picture on the rock, so I'm not in it, but I did climb those routes later. I still can't believe I'm doing it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself obsessing about the views if I'm shown them as well. I wrote a post that I loved and hardly anyone even looked at it. I'm much better off thinking that the posts I love everyone else is enamored with as well. :) Also, those pictures are so amazing! Fall is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pictures!! I can't believe you saw a bear...and not in a zoo! ;)

    Hope you have a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete