Friday, September 23, 2011
7 Quick Takes Friday
1) My sisters are not impressed with my trials in life. I had to work 4 whole days in a row this week. Now, don't get me wrong, I know that most people work 5 days in a row or more. I know that I really can't complain. I simply told them that it was absurd that it was so draining to work 4 days in a row when you usually only work 3 in a row (I do four 10 hour days). They agreed that I was absurd.
2) One of them was a little extra unsympathetic, so I had to explain that even though it was my day off, I couldn't go spend any time in the mountains today because my massage is in the middle of the afternoon. And I still didn't sympathy. Okay, I know. That was just mean, but... Hmm, I can't think of a single good way to rationalize this. You know what it brings to mind? When my friend's 4 year old would show his 2 year old brother some toy or food that he had no intention of sharing (and when the 2 year old would do it to the 6 month old). Apparently I'm not very mature.
3) Seriously, the massage is necessary. You know that place between your shoulder and neck that always gets tight? Yeah. I get to work on that area on people every single day, and while I do it, I feel that same area tightening up on me. Can't wait, so yay for work discounts!
4) I am now the owner of a blu-ray disc player. I used to have a plain old dvd player. I was happy with that, but it decided that it no longer wanted to open the disc tray anymore. I had to take it apart to get to the dvd that was still inside. There are surprisingly little guts in those things. I guess I expected it to look more complicated. Now I'll have to get the HDMI cable to get the most out of the blu-ray player and the TV.
5) I am going to take a little photography seminar with a coworker this weekend. I think it should be fun. The main point is to show us more what we can do with a camera when we take it off auto mode. I'm kind of thinking it'll show me how much I could really use some different lenses, but I'm going to try to ignore that.
6) On a serious note, my SIL's dad died of cancer yesterday, and their family could use some prayers if you could spare a moment. I only met him a couple of times during their wedding and such, but he was a really nice guy, and their family is really close.
7) Have a wonderful weekend!
For more Quick Takes, head over to Jen's.