Friday, September 23, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 144)

1) My sisters are not impressed with my trials in life.  I had to work 4 whole days in a row this week.  Now, don't get me wrong, I know that most people work 5 days in a row or more.  I know that I really can't complain.  I simply told them that it was absurd that it was so draining to work 4 days in a row when you usually only work 3 in a row (I do four 10 hour days).  They agreed that I was absurd.

2) One of them was a little extra unsympathetic, so I had to explain that even though it was my day off, I couldn't go spend any time in the mountains today because my massage is in the middle of the afternoon. And I still didn't sympathy.  Okay, I know.  That was just mean, but... Hmm, I can't think of a single good way to rationalize this.  You know what it brings to mind? When my friend's 4 year old would show his 2 year old brother some toy or food that he had no intention of sharing (and when the 2 year old would do it to the 6 month old).  Apparently I'm not very mature.

3) Seriously, the massage is necessary.  You know that place between your shoulder and neck that always gets tight?  Yeah.  I get to work on that area on people every single day, and while I do it, I feel that same area tightening up on me. Can't wait, so yay for work discounts!

4) I am now the owner of a blu-ray disc player.  I used to have a plain old dvd player.  I was happy with that, but it decided that it no longer wanted to open the disc tray anymore. I had to take it apart to get to the dvd that was still inside.  There are surprisingly little guts in those things.  I guess I expected it to look more complicated.  Now I'll have to get the HDMI cable to get the most out of the blu-ray player and the TV.

5) I am going to take a little photography seminar with a coworker this weekend.  I think it should be fun.  The main point is to show us more what we can do with a camera when we take it off auto mode.  I'm kind of thinking it'll show me how much I could really use some different lenses, but I'm going to try to ignore that.

6) On a serious note, my SIL's dad died of cancer yesterday, and their family could use some prayers if you could spare a moment.  I only met him a couple of times during their wedding and such, but he was a really nice guy, and their family is really close.

7) Have a wonderful weekend!

For more Quick Takes, head over to Jen's.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your massage! I wish I could get one of those....

    Prayers for your SIL and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love massages...I don't get them very often but when I do...they're like crack! ;)

    Hmm...if you lived close to me I would send you the random HDMI cable I found last night in my night stand drawer...seriously, so random!!

    Praying for your SIL's family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your SIL and her family. So sad!

    ReplyDelete