Friday, August 19, 2011
7 Quick Takes Friday
1) I've posted almost every day this week... So why not one more, eh? Here are some random things for the end of the week. Friday's such a perfect day for Quick Takes in my book. Easy to write and easy to read at the end of a week.
2) I've been reading some fb statuses of friends at a state fair. It's all about food on a stick and fried food. I don't know who first deep fat fried a snickers, but that's a popular one. Or the deep fat fried twinkie. I thought those were as low as it goes. Nope. Apparently this year, someone came up with deep fat fried butter on a stick!! Absolutely unbelievable. I'm breaking into a cold sweat and my arteries are clogging at the mere thought of eating deep fried butter. (Okay, not going to lie, I might have been a tiny bit jealous of those that were talking about eating the fried cheese curds.)
3) Thursday I worked on cleaning a rock route (making sure all the gear is off the route) and rappelling down. Any new rock climbing thing and my mouth is dry and I'm fumbling, but I did it. Thank goodness for willing and knowledgeable people there to show the way! It's been a month since I climbed, so it was really good to get out, even if I only climbed two routes. It's also fun to keep learning and pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone.
4) I got to hang out with a good friend today, and she had a great, simple recipe for this sandwich. Just tomato, basil, spinach, onion and feta. We heated it on a sandwich maker and ate it with guacamole. Yum!
5) I have been very shocked and disturbed by what happened to a friend of mine. Apparently they hired a "moving company" to help them move across the country... And apparently they were scammers that took off with their stuff! Can you imagine? It's unbelievable to me that someone would do that.
6) Well, I'm going to take another try at helping with RCIA, but this time I'll be in a role that will actually have some meaning. The only thing is, our class is very small this year, so there's no guarantee we'll even have a full year of it. There's even a possibility that we may only have a class or two, or maybe even none at all. At least I should be able to manage not flaking out on them this year!
7) Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes, and have a wonderful weekend!