1) Thanks so much for your support on the last couple of posts. It really helps. Y'all are awesome. To be honest, not too much has changed, but there are glimmers here and there.
2) As a little update to this post, I should tell you that I'm still fighting the smell of stale cigarette smoke in my apartment. Sometimes, it's even the fresh smell of cigarette smoke. Love it. Not!
Okay, now that I have that 6th grade moment out of the way, I can tell you that I've got a couple of air filters going, I've blocked of a major area where it was coming in and I've learned that it's much worse when the AC is on. Which is all to say that it is not near as overwhelming anymore, and I can make it through the next month. (Or should I say this month, since it will be July when you read this.) At the end of the month, moving will be happening. However, I don't have to move because it turns out my chain-smoking neighbor is moving! In the meantime, you may want to buy stock in Fe.breeze. (I do wonder sometimes at what concentration air freshener becomes more toxic than secondhand smoke; I may be approaching those levels...)
3) Last weekend I took a little trip, because I could and because I didn't want to sit around my apartment all weekend. Got a sweet deal on a hotel and saw some beautiful country. It was great, but this weekend, I should stay home and work on my apartment. Usually I get settled pretty quickly, but since there was a long time of not being sure if I was staying or going, I sort of ignored it all. I just found out that the neighbor was going to be moving.
4) Climbed some 5.9's today. That's the hardest stuff that I've done so far and it almost took a girlfriend belay to do it, but I made it. (A "girlfriend belay" is if your belayer is practically pulling you up the rock, rather than just catching you if you fall.) The more experienced climbers like a little slack in the rope. I like the rope tight enough that if I manage to squeak up a couple of inches, I don't lose it when I slip.
5) I'm having a little problem hiking recently. This is happening for a couple of reasons. One is that I'm really getting annoyed with how slow I am coming down the mountain. No, you don't understand, we are talking snail's pace and ridiculous. Another is that I've been a little limited in what I can hike due to limited hiking partner availability. And also, I seem to be getting completely distracted by the wildflowers. I am a sucker for tiny wildflowers, especially with a good macro setting on the camera.
6) I seem to be out of things to say for the moment so...
7) Tell me, what are you up to for the 4th of July?
Head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!