Friday, April 15, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 123)

1) It's awfully late on Friday, but it is still Friday, so I thought I'd try to pound out some Quick Takes, since that seems to be the only kind of blogging I do anymore!  Not sure what that's about, but I guess I just don't have much to say right now.

2) I got to meet my friend's little guy this week, and when I say little, I mean little, and sweet and perfect.  I think holding a bundle of sweetness like that is downright therapeutic for whatever you might need therapy for!  I will hopefully get a chance to go hang out for even longer this week.  In fact, just try and keep me away!

3) I had my first workout with the trainer this week.  He doesn't really use machines, he just does more total body moves to work out everything.  Every. Single. Muscle. Today the only muscles that I can't feel are my fingers and my anterior tib (the muscle in the front of the lower leg).  Everything else complains when I try to move it.  It's actually pretty great and I can't wait for the next session!

4) I absolutely stink at Lent this year.  I feel like I'm coasting through on autopilot.  "Coasting" really isn't the way that I prefer to describe my Lenten journey, but it's pretty apt this year.  On the other hand, it's not over yet.  This is Holy Week, so there's still time to step it up before Easter.  I think confession  needs to be priority one for me this week, and a little more discipline.

5) My absolute biggest disappointment this Lent is not my fault, but I can't make it to Good Friday services.  I can't tell you how sad I am about that!  The liturgy on each day of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are such a big part of Easter to me.  How can I fully celebrate Easter joy without first soaking up the events of Good Friday?  I do get the Magnificat, so I will still get to read the readings, but it's not the same; the silence, the solemn music when music is used, the pauses, the prostrations, the veneration of the cross, the obvious lack of the sacrifice of the Mass... All of it is so familiar and so foreign.  It all says that this day is different.

6) I went to a climbing gym yesterday with some friends.  I pulled a muscle at my workout, so no climbing for me, but it was good to get a little exposure to it.  However, as I tilted my head back as far as my complaining muscle would let me, I wondered if I was flat out nuts.  This seems like something I should have started when I was younger and dumber.  Why do I want to climb that high, only to have to let go and be lowered down?

7)  Have a great weekend, and head over to Jen's for more Quick Takes!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see some quick takes from you! I haven't been a good blogger lately either. But we'll bounce back. It's all in God's plan. I'm sorry you can't make Good Friday. I know how important the Triduum is to me, so I totally understand. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete