Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What's On My Mind

I should be doing my taxes right now, but I'm clearly not.  There are some very good reasons for this:

1) I have my priorities straight... I have other things to do (like blog), and after all, it's not even April yet!
2) It's late at night.  Trust me, anything after 7 pm is too late for anything that requires actual thinking.
3) I don't want to.

Yep.  I think that about covers it. No taxes.  Maybe tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm listening to the wind, or I was.  It's died down momentarily, but I'm sure it'll be back.  I love the weather out here.  I love the sun, I love the low humidity, I even love the snow and the storms (if I'm not driving in them).  I don't love the wind.  It sucks your soul.  I don't hate it as much as I hate humidity, but it's not my favorite.  Last week my sister and I were hanging out on the rim of a volcano (it was extinct) and the wind kept trying to blow us off.  Yeah, this was a paved trail about a mile around the rim.  I was simultaneously trying to stay on the trail while thinking about if there was any way to simulate it when I'm working with people on their balance (I drew a blank).  I would have thought that we were being kinda wimpy about it, but there was another couple there that was being even wimpier, so I felt better about ourselves.

Here's a conversation my sister and I had at the volcano:

Her: "These rocks here seem lighter somehow."
Me: "That's because they're porous."
Her: "No, I think it's because they're more airy."*


So what's on my mind tonight?  Clearly not much.  



*She claims she meant that there was more space between the rocks.  Sure, sure.**



**Okay, I'm sure she did mean that.

3 comments:

  1. I love sister conversations. And who cares what she *meant* the important thing is what she said that you can tease her about.

    And taxes, ugh. I am confident that if they gave one the option of paying 5% more in exchange for not having to think/file that I'd take it. I just hate paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sort your priorities like I do mine. Procrastination is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so how about our taxes are done, but we don't have printer ink so we can't send them in? *pathetic*

    and I LOVE sister-conversations!

    ReplyDelete