Sunday, December 26, 2010

Five Christmas Feasts


The priest at Mass this morning often works with seminarians.  Recently, he asked his seminarians if they thought most Catholics would be able to list the five Christmas feasts.  To which the seminarians replied, "There are five feasts?"

I guess that answered his question.  Unfortunately, he did not go on to list the feasts, but I think I might know what they are after I thought about it for a while.

Can you list the five Chistmas feasts?  I feel like there should be a prize if you get them all right, but I don't think I have anything to offer but a pat on the back, and the satisfaction that you were able to list them.

5 comments:

  1. hmmm... without looking them up?

    1) Holy Family
    2) Mary, Mother of God
    3) Epiphany

    ......................evidently the answer is no? :) btw, does Christmas itself count as a Feast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Christmas counts. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, does the feast of the first Martyr, St. Stephen count as one?? I believe his feast day is December 26....

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I think Holy Innocents is the fifth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I actually knew them all! And I'm not Catholic, yet. :)

    ReplyDelete