Monday, August 2, 2010

You want to know something? I really think that the only reason that I was really struggling with last week was not because it was a rough week. Quite the opposite! It was a great week, and it only lacked someone to share it with. Good food, good friends, good hiking, and maybe best of all, 5 days of Mass in a row! There is something about Mass that makes me able to appreciate all the rest so much more. I can't really explain it. It just is.

As to the single thing. The struggles are not the only part of being single, though they are a significant part. The pain of it is not all bad. I don't know how to explain it. It isn't as if I enjoy feeling it. Like everything in life, it comes and goes and sometimes are more intense than others. I'm never excited when it's extra strong, but neither is it the worst thing ever. It can become so strong that it is almost a physical feeling. There is weight to it. It is almost tangible. It hurts. Yet, somehow, there's something precious about it. Something beautiful. Something good.

I have no idea how to describe it any better than that. It might make sense to someone reading it if they've ever experienced anything like it. If not, we could always blame it on the lack of oxygen out here...

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! You know who you are. It does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment