1) Progress toward my 100 miles of hiking has been a little slow the last couple of weeks, but still getting there. It is entirely possible that I will still make it to 100 before Labor Day, though there's a chance that I won't. Honestly, it doesn't really matter. If I make it, I'll still be hiking. If I don't make it, I'll still be hiking. It's all the same.
2) My last real hike was 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we did not make the top (unavoidably detained by altitude; not me, though, so hopefully I'll be able to get up to some of the higher ones next year). However, even if you don't make it, you still have to enjoy what you can.
Something about that last picture makes me want to burst into song about the hills being alive.
3) The other day I went to the store with coupons. I don't normally buy candy, but when I do, there are certain kinds that I like. And if I have a coupon for M&M's, and Dove chocolates, and they happen to both be on sale, I will take advantage of that. In theory, they'll last a while. In theory. But moving on, when I got home, I found this in one bag with one other item. Makes me wonder if the bagger caught the irony...?
4) When I went back to the Midwest for that wonderful wedding that I went to, one of the things I missed the most about the West was the sky. I love the sky here.
5) Is it wrong that even though I don't have a groom or any prospects, I have a wedding photographer picked out if ever there's a need? What can I say? They're awesome. Yes, they are my friends, but I don't think that takes away from my objectivity. :)
6) High school football starts this week in a lot of places. You should hear the commotion around here! (There's a high school right across the street from me.) I knew that I would miss it a little, but I really thought that I would be more relieved about not worrying about broken bones and all that. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about having freedom on Friday nights, but I miss the kids and coaches and everyone more than I thought I would. I miss the action more than I thought I would! I'm really glad things worked out like they did, and that I am where I am. But there's a part of me that wants to be there, too. All I can say is, Go 'Cats!!
7) I am so excited to meet some new people this week! I have another hike with the hiking group Saturday (I think there will be a lot of ladybugs involved, but more on that later). They're all middle aged to older for the most part, but they let me come along, so it works for me. I may also help out as an RCIA sponsor at my new parish (though I still have to make it official that it's my new parish...) We'll see. I talked to Father B through email, so it sounds like that's a go. And I got signed up for the Endow group! But I was late, so hopefully that won't put me too far behind. Here I've been planning to do that all summer, but I didn't worry about it because it didn't start until fall. Uh, Sherlock? It's fall. Well, time for the start of fall activities anyway.
Hope you have a great weekend! For more Quick Takes, head over to Jen's!