For more Quick Takes, go to Jen's.
1. I love my trekking poles. I didn't realize how much of a difference they would make, but it's really nice to come down a mountain without the sharp pain in my knees. They also help in the snow, but hopefully there will be less and less of that to deal with this summer.
2. Last weekend found me a little homesick again. I needed comfort, but you'll be proud of me. I did not turn to pudding. Or Twix. Or any of those other things. Rather, I found my way to the bookstore. I really should have gone to the library instead, but I love the bookstore more. My wallet does not love the bookstore so much...
3. I found an organic grocery store. The prices are kind of an arm and a leg, but I kind of like it. The store, not the prices. The more I find out about the food I eat, the less I like it. I'm not sure how much organic I'll be able to afford, but I like the idea of trying to do more with that. I'll let you know how it goes.
4. Yesterday was so busy that I barely got lunch. Even more than that, I was so busy that I pretty much forgot that I hadn't eaten lunch! But it was a good busy. Busy with patients that are feeling much better, and that's always fun.
5. I do have more hiking pictures, of course, but I haven't gotten them onto the computer yet.
6. It's almost 4th of July! I don't have much to do for the celebration. I'll hike, like every other weekend. Also, I'll hang out on my balcony to watch some of the fireworks.
7. For all of you that have a long weekend, have a good one!!