Sunday, July 18, 2010

On a Scale of Zero to Crazy...

When people imply that I'm pretty intense with my hiking, I think they're the crazy ones. Certainly I'm more intense than a lot of people when it comes to hiking, but I've got a long ways to go compared to others.

Yeah, I met those "others" today. I was right, they are crazy. I met them through an organized hiking group, and it was great. We went on a great hike that was certainly pretty intense for me right now, but they were very accommodating of my obviously lesser skill level. They made me feel very welcomed. The biggest concern now is that their level of craziness might be catching! Not that I'm worried about catching them. If they're a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, and I'm a two or a three, so they might make me a 5 or a 6.

Other notes:

After all my bragging about how bug-free it is out here, apparently there are a couple of weeks in the summer where the mosquitos are out. We are in those weeks, and they are HUNGRY! I don't even want to know how many bites I have right now.

I have a lot of blisters and scratches tonight. Just thought I'd share.

When applying sunscreen, it is helpful to put at least a little on the back of the arms.

Sweat + dust= mud. All over my legs. And arms. And hands.

I'm really tired right now. Also hungry. I think I'm too tired to eat, but I might be to hungry to sleep. I'm not sure...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, but I bet that shower felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you're so proactive about finding other friends with similar interests! Even if they are going to pull you up the crazy scale :) It's not like it's a bad thing to be obsessed with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, crazy hikers are um... crazy! I hope that your blisters and scratches get better soon. I don't care if it is a "small" thing, things like that can drive me crazy. And I don't mean crazy like crazy hikers.

    ReplyDelete