Friday, July 23, 2010

Blog Award!

Sad day! I can't get my computer to actually copy the award to put it on here, but it's an award for "The Versatile Blogger".

Anyway, I'm behind on putting it up, but I was honored to receive it from both Michelle and Jaime.

The stipulations of the award are these:
1. Thank the blogger who bestowed the reward unto you.
2. List 7 things people may not know about you.
3. Pass the love onto 15 (or 7) other deserving bloggers.

1) Thank you, both of you! When everyone's so busy, it's really an honor to have anyone take the time to read your blog, let alone choose it out of so many great bloggers for something like this. I really enjoy reading both of these ladies' blogs and suggest you check them out! (Though many of you have already:))

2) Hmm, this is harder than it sounds. I feel like everyone knows everything about me already, but here goes.

-I have a stuffed hippo in my room. It sounds juvenile, but I like him. My sisters got him for me for my graduation because I thought he was cute. My college graduation. So much for being a grown up!
-I can't swim very well. I always got ear infections when I took swimming lessons as a child. I don't think I would drown in the deep end of a pool, but don't look for me to join any triathlons any time soon.
- I have flat feet. Duck feet, really. One of the research groups in PT school researched arches and how it related to something. I obviously don't remember the details, but I do know that out of 34 subjects, when 1 is the highest arch and 34th is the lowest, I was subject #34.
-Some of my ancestors came over with the Mayflower.
-I am the second of 6 kids. My older brother is 361 days older than me. My younger brother is 19 years younger than me.
-I used to love writing fiction stories in elementary school. Reading and writing classes were some of my favorite. If I can find any, I should reprint one here. They crack me up now; very dramatic!
-As a child, Mondays used to be my favorite day, and I would dress in my favorite outfit to honor the day. I particularly remember some pink slouch socks that were often part of the ensemble. Gotta love elementary school.

3) I can't do this one justice. Besides, all the people that I want to nominate have received this award several times over! Take a look at the side bar if you want to read some great blogs by some great people!

3)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love your blog!

    - I wasn't a very good swimmer either, but actually decided to do a triathlon, so I took swim lessons as an adult. It was a bit embarrassing to have an undergrad telling you to blow bubbles under water, but I was glad I did it!

    - The Mayflower! Too cool!

    - I loved writing in grade school, too! It wasn't until I got to college and took a horrible creative writing class that the fiction writing stopped :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    Too funny; one of the facts about me I shared is that because of having ear tubes four times between the age of 5 and 10 (and therefore not being allowed to put my head underwater) I did not learn to swim till after I was 10.

    Would love to read some of your old stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish you would put up your story I read...it was about a computer. So classic! :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hippo: does it make a "gassy" noise like Abby's does on NCIS? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth- I totally looked into that, but I couldn't afford it at the time. I may have to check it again! :)

    Joy- Tubes was the big problem for me as well. I actually had to have them twice, so when I was 10, I got them again.

    Ruth Ann- I think I'll have to. :) I just got all the rest of my boxes out here, so I should have it somewhere.

    Mary- Haha! I love that farting hippo. But, no. Mine's silent.

    ReplyDelete