Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Think I Might Have a Fever

You know those people that make fun of blogging and bloggers? They make fun of them (i.e. me) because of posts like this. Posts of things that no one could possibly care about, but I post them anyway, because I'm like that. Also because I apparently have a dearth of actual things to say given that a week went by and I suddenly realized that I hadn't posted anything.

But seriously, I think I might have a fever. I know I have some kind of a bug, but I don't have a thermometer, so I can't test out the fever theory. I've felt worse in my life, but I've also felt better. Last night, I was hot under the covers, but I was also too cold to throw them off. Gotta love it! Today I feel a little weird when I stand up, but that may be because I've been laying around all day... Not sure I'm going to make it out of pj's.

The strangest thing about it is that I almost don't mind. Don't get me wrong, I would rather be well. I would rather be in my car on the 5 hour drive to see relatives this weekend. I miss them! On the other hand, I feel just bad enough that I clearly had to cancel, but still good enough that I can luxuriate in the fact that when I'm laying around, taking it easy, I'm doing exactly what I should be doing. Normally, I'm either running around like mad, or I'm being lazy, but feeling guilty about all of the things that I should be doing but am not.

Instead, I can watch hulu until I go cross-eyed (what does it say about me that I was watching Biggest Loser while eating cookies before lunch time?), I can write boring blog posts, I can finish a book that I started last night, I can sleep if I feel like sleeping. No guilt! (Well, maybe a little about the cookie.) The only problem is that the weather is gorgeous and I will not be going for a walk or a jog today. Oh, well. I guess you can't have it all!

3 comments:

  1. I never get the flu shot...I figure if I get sick, it'll just give me an excuse to stay in bed for a few days with everybody leaving me alone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best attitude about being sick! I hope that you are able to feel well, even while being aware that you are sick so that you don't feel guilty for resting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry you arent feeling well- i have beeb less than 100% for over a week- coughing, runny nose... not fun. like you, i think its a sign that i need to slow down, sleep more, and get ready.

    ReplyDelete