Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WARNING: Whining Ahead. Read at Your Own Risk.

God and I got in a fight Monday.  We do that sometimes.  Well, it's more like God is right and I pitch a fit.  Or God knows what's going to happen in my life, but I don't yet, so I pitch a fit.  Or God is doing something in my life that I don't like, so I pitch a fit.  Or I think He might do something in my life that I might not like, so I pitch a fit. Oh!  Or how about the one that He answers a prayer and but there's something about the way that He answered that I don't like, so, well, you know.

I know, the maturity level 'round here is astounding, isn't it? 

It happens some days.  And some weeks.  Especially weeks that start with an appetizer of stupid Medicare policies, an entree of a slew of new patients (great, but the accompanying paperwork is a little chewy), a side of I-want-a-family-so-bad-I-can't-stand-it, and for dessert, the monster dish of hormones with a cherry on top.  And I've been reminded I have to move in 8 months and I DON'T WANT TO.

I bring this up because I am a pansy and a whiner.

Side note, I found out today that a player at the last football game lied to me.  He got a concussion one night and lied to my face saying that all his symptoms were gone.  I guess he had a headache all week, including at the game.  I suspected it, but I'm glad I didn't know for sure.  Idiot.  I don't care how big the game is.  You don't mess with concussions.  It could lead to symptoms that last for months.  Sometimes years.  It can interfere with football season next year. Not to mention the risk of coma or death. It may be a small chance, but I've had to rehab people coming out of a head injury.  Next year I propose that the football team take a field trip to meet some people just coming out of a coma.  Then maybe they won't be so stupid as to risk it by lying to their doctors and athletic trainers.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious, mostly because I think everyone can identify! I know I've pitched fits before, too! And God and I have "not been on good terms" also. At least tomorrow's Friday, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my husband and I were in a car accident on a cross counry trip a couple of years ago, we felt fine initially and the ladies that helped us told us horrible stories of two people they knew that had gone to sleep feeling fine after a small accident and never woke up again because of internal bleeding.

    Isaac and I felt fine but as we went to bed both started to feel headaches... probably from whiplash. Both of us were terrified - we woke each other up all night long to make sure we were still alive!

    ReplyDelete