Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Theology of the Body

I've been thinking a lot about how there are so many things about Theology of the Body that I would like to talk about on here.  And then I have no idea where to start, so I end up saying some version of: TOB is great!  Really!  You should believe me!  I'm not going to tell you anything about it, exactly, but it'd change your life if only you knew what it was!

I don't know where or how to start talking about TOB.  Books and books are being written about TOB, and it's only the beginning of the ink that will be spilled on it... How can I distill any of it into a blog post, even an unreasonably long one?

Thinking about writing anything is a little like chasing a greased pig.*  I no more than get a handful of what I think I might want to say than it squirts through my fingers and runs squealing through my brain in all different directions.  I go chasing these thoughts, but they change directions so quickly that I'm a half step (or 3 or 4 full ones) behind when I try to pin them down in writing.

This is on my mind, though. Hopefully I can get it down on my blog.  Until then:

TOB is great!  Really!  You should believe me!  I'm not going to tell you anything about it, exactly, but it'd change your life if only you knew what it was!

*At least, how I'd imagine that it would be.  I haven't actually done such a thing.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you do get your hands on that greased pig, even if it's just a grasp on the tail! Maybe you could do a series on it, so you don't feel pressured to get it all in one perfect post? Looking forward to whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite the analogy. I enjoyed it thoroughly! I keep waiting for C West (yep, we're tight...I have nickname for him) to write a book with a title that goes something like this "How to teach your kids TOB...you know, like I always say you should...from they time they are very small...gradually". And then I think to myself, if only I were cooler I would collaborate with him and we would write the book together. Then I wouldn't have to get a part time job. :)

    ReplyDelete