Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Time It's for Real

When you have a 7:00 patient and you have to drive 20 minutes to get to the clinic, it's a real problem to wake up at 6:57 and realize that you forgot to set your alarm the night before.

Talk about adrenaline!  I panicked and started throwing on the closest clinic-appropriate clothes I could find.  I figured I could slap on deodorant, brush my teeth and hope for the best.  Luckily, I remembered that my patient rep/receptionist was going to be in early that morning, so I started to call her to let her know I would be late but was on my way.

Umm.

Well.

The phone rang twice before I finally realized that it's Sunday, and she probably didn't want to hear from me at 7:00 am.  I hung up as quickly as I could and crawled back under the covers to hide from the world and my own stupidity.



Tomorrow it's for real.  I'm not dreading it quite as much as I normally do, because the alarm is already set.  I figure if I wake up and have time to shower and everything, it will be a great start to the week.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I was stressed for you just reading that! Thank goodness it was Sunday!

    ReplyDelete