Friday, October 23, 2009

I Am NOT an Adrenaline Junkie

I was talking to someone the other day that admitted to being "kind of an adrenaline junkie."  Oh, baby.  Not me.  Adrenaline stinks.  Makes me a little nauseous, actually.

Today was the last regular season game.  We're playing the team that we've tied for second in the district.  Winner gets a home game for the first round of playoffs.  My team started off well.  They played good football.  At half they were up.

Second half started out okay, but I could feel the adrenaline start to build.  See, this is what happens when you actually start to care about the team instead of just standing there to make a buck while hoping no one gets hurt.  It's their fault.  They sucked me in by the second game, so I can't help it now.  I started to get really nervous for them.  I knew the other team was going to come back hard.  I was nervous for the outcome of the game and for injuries.

And then it happened.  The QB got injured.  He's done for the game.  Probably done for the next. Then I have to deal with the injury, I feel awful for the poor kid, and there's a good chance he won't be back for the play off.  Our first string QB was out early in the season with a season-ending injury.  The back ups that they have for this kid; well, good luck making it out of the first round.  And they lost.  By one point.  

On the one hand, this is a great group of kids, and I hate to see their season end.  On the other hand, the sooner their season ends, the sooner I can leave some of the adrenaline behind.  Seriously, I have a lot to do tomorrow, and I want to go to bed, but the adrenaline will probably keep me wired for a while yet.

Stupid adrenaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment