I have a bunch of little things, but nothing too big, so I thought I would try joining the crowd at Jen's for the 7 Quick Takes.
1) I don't think that I'm in Coach's top 5 right now. There are a whole slew of injuries on the team, and it's my job to tell him that some of his players can't play. We had this highly productive conversation the other day:
Me: "I'm not sure he's going to be able to play."
Coach: "But I need him."
Me: "He can't hold his leg against resistance."
Coach: "But I need him."
What, Coach, you think that if you finally convince me that you really need him, then he'll be less injured?
2) I bit into a Baby Ruth today. I know, I know, my life is full of crazy excitement. No, the point is that it was one of those mini candy bar things, and the wrapper was just fall colors. It was exactly the same size and shape as the Butterfinger that I thought I was reaching for. I was expecting crunchy, but I got soft. I don't always think logically in unexpected situations like that, so I would have liked to have been able to see my face for the split second that I was trying to figure out what on earth could go that wrong with a Butterfinger and how it could spoil that badly.
3) Being single is not that fun. Some days are better than others, but the last couple of weeks have been a little tough. They haven't been really bad. (If they had, you'd have seen all kinds of "woe is me" posts before now.) It's just been there, this constant ache. I can feel it in every fiber of my being (and also in my teeth- they're not really fibers) but yet it's not really a feeling, either. I don't know how to describe it.
4) My apartment is a mess. I have alternated between too busy or too tired to take care of it. There may also be some apathy. This is a problem, because they're supposed to come tomorrow to spray for bugs. I'm supposed to have 24 hours notice, but that doesn't work if they slide it under my door after I leave, and I don't get home until 10:00. I have less than 12 hours, some of which I will be sleeping, some I will be getting ready for work, and obviously some of that time I'll be blogging (I have my priorities straight). Maybe I can squeeze in a few minutes to pick up as well.
5) I have been listening to a great seminar by a man that has spent his life learning Judaism and the eastern culture. The insights that he brings to the biblical text are amazing. Some seem way different than what I'm used to thinking. I can't wait to share some of it, but I feel like I need to soak it in more first.
6) I'm really not ready for another football game tonight. On the one hand, I really enjoy them. On the other hand, it's really hard keeping up with the injuries...maybe we should skip a week. Then most of the injured players should be back in and ready to go. Yeah. Right.
7) Well, I'd love to add something else really great here, but I seriously have to go try to do a little picking up. I hate spray day!