Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Trust and Patience

I thought this was interesting.  I was talking to priest for some spiritual direction and mentioned that I was having trouble being patient with God, that I didn't like to wait.  He took my impatience and turned me back to the trust issue (without my mentioning my recent struggles with that).  He told me that there was a paraphrase of St. Francis de Sales that he tries to remember: "If we knew everything God knows, we would will everything to be the way that it is."

I guess waiting patiently is all a part of trusting Him, too.

2 comments:

  1. There's an old saying that goes: Never pray for patience becaue God will make sure you get plenty of chances to develop it. I'm still working on that myself. For me the impatience stems from still working on not being a control freak and letting God have the control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoah. Love the quote. That one's going to have me thinking...

    ReplyDelete