Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shorts

1.  Today was a weird hair day.  It went beyond the realm of simply bad and into strange.  It was kind of limp and also kind of stiff all at the same time.  I don't know how it can do that.  Thank goodness for flat irons.  Otherwise it would've moved past weird to flat-out scary!

2. I wish I would have had my camera today.  I went mini golfing with a friend of mine.  It was a great day to be outside and a fun activity for something different. On one hole, right in the middle of a flower bed obstacle, there was this duck nesting.  The poor thing looked a little panicked already, and there hadn't been any kids past it yet.  There was water close by from the water obstacles, but it was all chlorinated.  I'm thinking the duck could have used a little better judgement.  I wish I had a picture to share.

3. My friend and I also went to Macaroni Grill.  I decided to go on the healthier side of things and found some grilled chicken with roasted vegetables.  So good!  I even ate some of my veggies.  Of course, I also ate my share of the amazing bread with olive oil.  That might have undone any healthiness that I managed to do.

4.  The first Farmer's Market of the season was yesterday.  There was a really good turnout.  I'm not much of a vegetable eater, but I want to do better, so I picked up some stuff while I was there.  Here's what I found: 1 small tomato, 1 green pepper, 1 bunch of green onions.  That's all I thought I would manage to make it through without having to throw out rotting food.  I was going to get some green beans, but they were sold out by the time I found an ATM and got back to that stand.  I also found some sad looking ears of corn, but the person in front of me bought the last ones.  I'm looking forward to going back.

5.  I think that's all I have to say today.  But who knows?  I have plenty of time today, so if the mood strikes, I might have a lot more to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment