Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shopping

Last week I went to the Farmer's market and spent less than $5 on a few vegetables.  Today I was on my way to the Farmer's market, but realized that it was freezing outside and I was wearing short sleeves.  So I went to the mall instead.  Yes, I am a pansy.

Now, those that know me know that the mall is not actually my favorite place.  Unless I'm going to the bookstore or the movies, I would actually prefer to avoid the place.  I think it has been 6 months since I have last shopped for clothes, so it was getting high time.  I'm telling you, I tend to wear pants until they have no hope left.  I've actually had 2 pair in the last couple of months finally wear through while I was wearing them.  It just so happens that I am a professional, and I've been told I look younger than I am.  It doesn't boost patient's confidence a lot when I wear faded polos and fraying pants. It's time for new clothes.

I spent a lot more than $5.  A lot.  But there were some good deals and I was happy.  I found Ann Taylor pants on sale for $30 each.  GAP jeans for about the same.  I spent about $100 at one store and got 3 shirts, 1 cami, 1 pair of shorts and 2 pairs of cropped pants (dress code doesn't allow capris, so that's the best I could do).  If I'm going to drop $100 at a store, I want at least that many items to show for it!  I also got shoes.  I am not a huge shoe person, but I needed some new ones.  Now I have some that I can wear with a lot of different things.  And, after 4 years, I finally got a new pair of work out shoes.  Any good PT will tell you that you should really replace your work out shoes about once a year.  I'm glad to be able to tell you that I follow my own advice so well.

I'm actually excited for work on Monday. (Not that I want it to come sooner, please don't come sooner.)  And, I don't have to do laundry today.  This shopping stuff is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment