Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Next Leg

I would like to tell you about graduating from grad school.   I figured that since I was still single, I would take full advantage of it, find a different region of the country and experience some different things.  That did not happen.  Much to my surprise, I found myself back in the state where I grew up.  I didn't know why, but God had a plan.

When I first moved back, I knew a couple people in the area, but I was mostly on my own. I started getting involved in several things right away, but it was still a lonely time.  I really questioned my vocation, but ended up with peace that I was still being called to marriage, even though the prospects were starting to look slimmer and slimmer.

My loneliness, free time, and desire to be married led to me spending time studying more about my faith.  In particular, it led me to studying Theology of the Body.  I cannot believe that I have only started to get familiar with this in the last 3 years.  It's life changing. It started with a DVD presentation at church, then one book here and another there. Once you start, you can't stop.  It's AMAZING.

My reasons for wanting to get married started to change.  I think that the same desires were still there, but more was added to that.  I desired to give myself to a husband and children, to be married not only for what it gave me, but also for what I could bring to it.  I wanted to live out my femininity with life giving love (both physically and spiritually).

I could go on and on about what TOB has meant to me (and I have in other posts!), but suffice it to say that I am so glad that I was single long enough to really have a desire and a hunger to learn what TOB was teaching.  I know you can learn it at any time and stage of life, but this is the time that God used for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment