Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Have an Addiction

It's true, and the first step is admitting it.  I have enjoyed reading Stuff Christians Like for several months now, but I am starting to get addicted.  I really enjoy Jon's writing, and that's certainly part of the reason that I've started to get addicted.  But there are a lot of blogs that I enjoy reading and wouldn't say that I'm getting addicted to them.  The thing about SCL that I'm getting addicted to is the people that read it and the comments that they make.  In a recent post about suffering, there were so many great perspectives.  One commenter mentioned that it all sounded like we went to the same church.  That's what I love.  There are many people commenting from many different faith perspectives, but it is clear that we all know and love the same God.  I love the opportunity for community outside denominational lines.

Of course, as a Catholic, there are some things there that I don't understand.  Pastoral search committees?  Yeah, I wouldn't know anything about that.  Our bishops pass out the assignments to the various parishes.  Then there's the #1 favorite post about understanding how metrosexual your worship leader is. Right.  The music at the Mass that I go to is usually a cantor and the older lady that plays the organ.  Alma is great, definitely the spunky kind of a lady that I hope to grow up to be someday (minus the organ playing), but she doesn't lend me any kind of perspective on that topic.

Today I'm excited because there's a post asking what people are reading right now.  That means that I have a whole new list of things to add to the reading list.  You know, because I don't have enough books lying around waiting for my attention.  It is a little hard for me to get in to that discussion, though, because a lot of the really great books I have read have been Catholic.  Not that Catholic books are outlawed from the discussion, but I seriously doubt that the SCL readership is that interested on Scott Hahn's discussion on Mass in the book of Revelation in The Lamb's Supper. Absolutely great read, though, for Catholics and non-Catholics that are interested in learning more about the Mass and how it fits with the Bible.  Also a very interesting take on some things in the book of Revelation.

If you haven't checked out SCL, head on over there.  

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through "St. Blog's Parish"! I'm a new Catholic. The Lamb's Supper was one of the first books I read before starting RCIA. Come visit my blogs anytime. :-) anotherblogfromjennifer.blogspot.com OR babycatholic.wordpress.com (the content is similar at the moment)

    Can I link to your site? Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Welcome to the Catholic Church! I'll be sure to stop by your blogs, and I'd love to have you link to my site. :)

    ReplyDelete