Monday, May 4, 2009

I Cooked Tonight

I actually did more than unwrap the hot pocket, place it in the crisper sleeve, and microwave it for two minutes.

I put rice on to boil.  Brown rice, mind you, not that wimpy minute or even the long grain stuff.

I diced up my bell pepper and a few of the green onions from the farmers' market.

Sauteed them.

Browned some chicken, combined it with the pepper and onion, and added pineapple.

Now, this was no pineapple from a can.  It was my first ever pineapple that I actually cut up and everything.  I think I wasted half of it.  What's the best way to get the inside separated from the outside?

Then I added some ginger, black pepper, a few splashes of soy sauce, and a drizzle of honey.  I mixed it with the rice, and there was dinner!  There were a few tense moments when I was afraid that I got a little too splash-happy with the soy sauce, but I think the honey took care of it.

Not too shabby for no recipe!  Now if I can only figure out what to do with the rest of the tomato that I have left, maybe I'll manage to avoid any waste from my shopping spree at the farmers' market.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment