Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thinking about suffering

I have been schooled today.  I read the post on SCL today, and have been checking back on the comments ever since.  So much stuff to think about.

Here is the question that Jon asks:
Does God have the right to crack the vessel if breaking it is the fastest way to share what He poured into us?

I don't have the answer to that.  I just want to think about it for a while.  Or maybe not actively think about it so much as let it soak in.

And the comments!  Everyone has shared so much of themselves in the comments. We all tend to hide behind the outer shell of "everything's okay", but there wasn't much hiding here.  There were a lot of people sharing some raw and real feelings.

I am praying for all that are suffering tonight. My prayer is that God will be found in the middle of suffering in a way that is past all imagining.  I pray that we find Him in the middle of the pain, the hurt, the anger, the confusion, the depression, the quiet desperation, the fatigue, the brokenness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment