Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Memory, maybe

I found an interesting looking book the other day.  It's supposed to be help improve your memory.  I would love it if that means that you read the book and then automatically remember things more easily.  Instead, I bet it means that you have to do some work at it.  We'll see.  Apparently the author uses this system to remember names, dates, birthdays, grocery lists, and has even had his students call out 50 random numbers, then repeated them forwards and backwards.  I'm really curious to see if this works well, or if the author is just a mental freak of nature. (I mean that in the most complimentary way possible!) Personally, I would just love to find a way to keep info that I shove in my head from oozing immediately out of my ears.  Hopefully I can use it to help with memorization of Bible verses. Maybe someday I can memorize a whole book of the Bible.  I'll go for a really impressive one, like Philemon.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love you. And, seriously, let me know if those memorization techniques work! I would love to actually retain information after reading it. What a concept, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete