Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All About Movement

Today was a good day at work.  I'm slightly stressed, because I have to work close to 50 hours this week.  That may not be a lot for some people, but it is for me.  However, I am very thankful to have a job, and it is currently one that is still in demand.

Today was gratifying.  My last three patients were all people that I could help.  I mean, I can help most of my patients at least a little, but some will get better no matter what I do, and some will not improve no matter what I do.  Some need physical therapy, but it's no great challenge to help them get stronger.  These three were different.  They challenged me and made me think, but they were getting better because they were getting physical therapy. One had been in pain for about 4 weeks with little relief, and in just one week, she's moving better and feeling improved.  One was a new evaluation who came in thinking there was not much to do for her pain that had lasted a year, and left with a lot of ideas of things to work on.  The last was my favorite.  She had decreased motion and with a little training in correct mechanics, she has made significant gains in just one week.

Yes, I think I am bragging.  No, actually I know I am.  I just like to hedge a bit rather than admit it outright. What can I say? I love my job!  

Of course, tomorrow I may have a rash of tough patients and feel that I don't know anything, but something's got to keep me humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment