Monday, March 16, 2009

The First Post

There always has to be a first one, I guess.  I don't know exactly what to say.  Hmm, well I guess since I just started blogging like everyone else, I guess it doesn't matter if my first post sounds like everyone else's.  Like all of you, I wondered if there was any point in adding my voice to the millions of voices already out there.  I wonder who will ever find this blog, and if they do find it will they want to read it?  That's a question I can't answer, but I did realize that I wanted to write it even if no one ever read it.  I already talk to myself (yes, I'm much too young for that, but what are you going to do?).  Might as well write to myself, too.  At least with this there's always a chance someone might find it!

By the way, you now know that blogging has peaked and is starting on the downhill side.  I'm never on the cutting edge of anything.  I tend to get in while it's still popular for a while, but definitely not while it's new. 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Catholic Mutt(!),

    Somehow---I don't recall how anymore---I stumbled into your blog this afternoon. I just spent several hours ignoring the people around me as I read practically the whole thing!

    Girl, you are amazing. I wish I could meet you face to face right this minute and give you a huge hug. This blog of yours is simply incredible. And you're kinda a woman after my own heart, I think, 'cuz I write insanely long blog posts, too---except that mine aren't nearly so succinct in their length. ;-)

    I'm not really like you too much, other than that we're both passionate Catholics who like "The Lord of the Rings" and "Pride And Prejudice" (the long one). I'm married and have three kids. I was one of those, "Oh, I don't really want to get married - I want to be an INDEPENDENT WOMAN" types. My husband (before he was my husband) had other ideas about that. Oh, and God did, too, apparently. But maybe I shouldn't tell you that.

    I'm writing a novel, and the hero of it is like you---a faithful Catholic, in his early 30s, waiting-waiting-waiting for the right one, trusting God that she will come. And she does. But as the author, I'm kind of God in this scenario, which makes it different. :-) But I THANK YOU for the glimpse into your life, what it feels like to have that longing, to wait on God, to be lonely, to find fulfilment in Him first. Because I've read your blog, I will be able to write a better novel.

    Please forgive my ramble. I love your faith posts best of all. I don't write too many of those any more because my non-Catholic husband and some non-Catholic friends read my blog, and I have a hard time coping with the dissention that sometimes results. Oh, for Christian unity! Oh, for greater anonymity, too.

    I will stay tuned to your blog and link to it from my own. You might think this sounds totally crazy, but I feel like I made a new friend today. :-)

    God bless you!

    ~ Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I loved reading your comment, and it means a lot that people are actually reading and enjoying something that I have to say. Your comment definitely made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm never on the cutting edge of anything..." = exactly the statement I made, too, when starting to blog in mid-2008! I just looked...I said "I am always the last one to come around to a new idea." I'm feeling kindred to you already. :)

    ReplyDelete